If you’re like me, healthy living and fitness are gifts you want to share with your family and friends all year round. With the holidays coming up, this is the perfect time of year for some fresh ideas and inspiration.
I am insanely passionate about clean eating, training right and using only the best products. When it comes to gift giving, I like to share my tried and tested favorites with the people I care about, so they can reap their benefits too. This year I have narrowed it down to my top 9,which is sure to include a little something for everyone.
1) Rooted Goddess Natural Skincare Products ~ Luscious natural products made from coconut oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, carrot seed oil, avocado and vitamin E, plus healing essential oils, makes these body products a staple in my home and my gym bag. With so many products to choose from, such as natural soaps, coconut coffee scrubs, cocoa body butter and lush lip balms, Rooted Goddess gets two very soft thumbs up from me. http://www.rootedgoddess.ca
2) Manduka Eko Lite Yoga Mat ~ I have gone through many mats over my 16 years of practicing yoga but have fallen in love with my Manduka Eko Lite Yoga Mat. It is eco-friendly, offers great cushioning and fantastic grip support so that you can flow through your practice without slipping all over the place. If you’re going to invest in a mat, choose that one that feels great and protects the planet. SPORTING LIFE
3) Yes Peas! Chickpea Snacks and Bites ~ OMG these delicious treats are incredible. I have to hide them from my kids and my husband too! They are 100% non-gmo, organic, vegan, gluten-free, peanut-free and made with no msg or artificial flavours. Yes Peas! get a Yes Please! from this Holistic Nutritionist and mom. http://www.yespeas.ca
4) Yoga Tune Up Balls and The Roll Model Book ~ Pain has become an epidemic but it is also preventable, treatable and within your grasp to heal. In the book The Roll Model, author Jill Miller gives you the tools and techniques to change the course of your life in 5 minutes a day. Your main tool of healing is the Yoga Tune Up balls made of a special rubber that grips at your skin, grabs at multiple layers of muscles, and rubs out adhesions and tension, providing a deep tissue massage. I am not kidding when I tell you that ALL of my family, colleagues and friends own a pair due to me throwing them down on the ground when they come to my house or my old studio and me saying, “ trust me you have got to try these…seriously life changing!”. www.yogatuneup.com
5) One Week of Meal Prep Already Done For You ~ How amazing would it be to open your fridge each day and see your personal meals already prepared, portioned and packed up, waiting for you to enjoy? In the GTA we have quite a few businesses that offer this time-saving service. One I’ve heard quite a bit about is One Life Meals which I’ll be trying out myself over the holidays to stay on track.
6) Kleen Kanteen Water Bottles ~ Choosing the right water bottle can make all the difference in meeting your hydration goals. These bottles are durable, chemical free and insulated to hold either hot beverages for up to 12 hours or cold for 24 hours! What I love the most is that they have a lifetime warranty and are available in various sizes so you can find the right bottle for everyone on your list! SPORTING LIFE
7) Panasonic Sport Ear Buds ~ These are the best ear buds to train with because they feature clips that comfortably slide around your ears for the perfect fit and will never fall off. Whether you’re running, walking, strength training or out for a bike ride, these ear buds won’t irritate by falling out all the time. Panasonic.com
8) iTunes gift card ~ The gift my family buys me the most…music! I am huge lover and often change my playlist for the classes that I teach. But what I love about iTunes is that not only can I buy the latest hit song but I can also purchase great audio books too!
9) Book Worm – I LOVE Meghan and all the she represents; healthy, happy clean eating and living. Her recipes are both delicious and simplistic in their approach and ingredients. I have made dozens with my family in our home and we can barely stops ourselves form eating the whole recipe before it’s even on our plates. This book gets 2 thumbs up and a serious holistic high-five from me. http://www.meghantelpner.com/
For more great tips and ideas on everything holistically living and being, connect with Jenn Pike through facebook, Instagram @jennpike, Twitter @simplicityjenn and be sure to sign up for your twice weekly newsletter full of videos, recipes and tools to get you from where you are to where you want to go!
Jenn Pike is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Medical Exercise Specialist. She is also the Best-Selling author of The Simplicity Project ~ A Simple, No-nonsense Approach to Losing Weight and Changing Your Body Forever! Jenn is a regular guest expert on Global, CHCH, Breakfast Television, Rogers and contributor to various publications. She is available for one-on-one coaching via her website www.jennpike.com and by emailing her firstname.lastname@example.org