Get fired up with this welcomed change to your usually long weekend grilling. Ground turkey is mild in flavour, which means the addition of jalapeno peppers makes this turkey burger a favourite!
Makes: 6 Servings
- 1 lb (500 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) tomato salsa
- 6 slices of your favourite cheese such as cheddar, mozzarella or Monterey Jack (optional)
- Guacamole (optional)
- Cilantro (optional)
- 6 burger buns
ONE: Combine ground turkey, onion, jalapeno peppers, garlic, egg and bread crumbs. Form into 6 patties. Grill on medium-high for 5-7 minutes on each side, until no longer pink in centre.
TWO: Divide salsa and cheese evenly among burgers. Heat until cheese melts. Place on bun and top with guacamole and cilantro (if using).
Find more inspiring recipes at Turkey Farmers of Ontario.