Made with pantry essentials including pasta and tomato sauce, this cheesy pasta bake is basically the comfort food you need right now. Add a salad and you’ve got dinner tonight with less than 30 minutes of food prep.
Prep time: 20 minutes, Makes to 6 servings
- 8 oz (227 g) curly long spaghetti or broad egg noodles
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 mL) tomato sauce
- 3 cups (750 mL) diced cooked Ontario turkey
- Half a 475 g tub ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
ONE: Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with hot water; set aside. In
TWO: In skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion, garlic and Italian seasoning for about 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in tomato paste to combine. Pour in tomato sauce and bring to a simmer; stir in turkey and heat through. Remove from heat and toss with spaghetti.
THREE: Spread into greased baking dish. Dollop with ricotta cheese and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for about 20 minutes or until bubbling, golden and heated through.
Recipe courtesy of Turkey Farmers of Ontario.