Clubs and other running groups provide challenge, camaraderie, encouragement, learning and fun. You never know who you’ll end up running around with!
Lots of reasons why Group Therapy is good:
• Safety: Someone to help in case of injury or sickness; to make sure your outfit matches your shoes
• Motivation: Seeing others of similar Kenyan genetics as yourself can spur you on, keep you inspired during runs and races
• Performance: You may just find you’re mentally pushing yourself to keep ahead of the 90-year-old and others who encourage you to push it
• Socializing: Where else can you meet a ton of like-minded people doing something healthy together? Think about it… Running groups are where ‘speed’ dating was invented!
• Brainstorming: The banter and breadth of conversations on the run can sometimes spark ideas (like “Why don’t we start a social running site and call it Pacebook?”)
• Business: Funny enough, we often run with people for weeks or months and never know what they do for a living; we just learn a lot about their running and family maybe… but occasionally we make a connection that helps with our career or business… What’s not to like about runners?
To order Michael’s beautiful book, please click here.